Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Almond Cranberry Loaf with Strawberry Preserves

| | 0 comments


I'm trying to keep my momentum in posting an entry at least once a week. So far so good huh? haha.. This was a request from my 'boss' at home. He wanted something with cranberries and strawberry preserves. I added toasted almonds as well for some crunch and texture. Instead of the usual stuffed bread, I turned it into a braided bread. My first attempt, I think it looked acceptable la.  



Source: No Sweat Recipes (bread dough adapted from The Pioneer Woman cinnamon rolls)

Filling ingredients:
  • 1 cup cranberries (blended)
  • Strawberry preserves
  • Sugar
  • Egg wash
Method:
  1. Flour the working surface and roll the dough into a rectangle. Cut the dough on both side into strips, leaving the center 1/3 for fillings. 
  2. Put a layer of strawberry preserves at the center. Sprinkle cranberries and gently press on it so that it sticks to the bread. Sprinkle some sugar on top.
  3. Braid the bread and tuck the ends to the back. 
  4. Apply a layer of egg wash and bake at preheated oven at 180C for 20 minutes.
Note:
* If the dough is chilled, bring the dough to room temperature before working on it.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Archives