Monday, April 7, 2014

Cheddar Cheese Muffins

| | 0 comments

Was on a baking frenzy yesterday. Since the night before I had envisioned the gorgeous pizza puff by The Pioneer Woman and danish with jam for brunch. But that didn't go so well. Pizza puff turned out to be flat-chewy-pizza-no-puff and strawberry jam danish turned out to be strawberry-jam-spilled-everywhere-no-puff-danish. Sigh.
That didn't stop me though. I quickly whipped up this muffins when my girl was napping. I knew I can count on this recipe. Still taste as good as I remember it, if not better. Nobody needs to know how simple is this.


Cheddar Cheese Muffins

Source: Chef Noraini Zakaria
Yield: 22-24 mini muffins
Ingredients:
  • 2 eggs
  • 150g milk
  • 150g castor sugar
  • 150g vegetable oil
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 250g flour
  • 13g baking powder
  • 70g grated cheddar cheese
  • 50g grated cheddar cheese for topping
Methods:
  1. Mix all wet ingredients with a spoon/ spatula.
  2. Sift in flour and baking powder. Add in grated cheddar cheese.
  3. Mix with a spoon/ spatula until just combined. The batter should be lumpy and thick. Do not overmix it!
  4. Pour into muffin cups and sprinkle grated cheddar cheese for topping.
  5. Bake at 200C for 20 mins or until skewer comes out come.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Archives